Even without my full memory capacity I’ll try to sum them up by project ;):
- Open Government Data Vienna
- With the nice visualizations from Christian in mind (Population Densities and Bike Parking Lots) it would be nice to make up a list of features to be plotted from https://www.data.gv.at and make this visualization interactive (e.g. using Shiny).
- Mateuz also introduced us to the topic of Geocoding and its numerous APIs (e.g. from Google) and suggested to write a package for it.
- Text Mining Vienna
- After the discussion about puclic newspapers in Vienna Bernhard already provided a small dataset to play around with. We’ll get our hands dirty and provide ideas (topic modelling, mood index, popular words, etc.) next time!
- Bernhard & Roland mentioned interest to talk about Hadoop -> Spark -> SparkR. How to set things up, integrate R, etc. Sounds like a great topic next years first meetup.
- Hillary Clintons E-mails: Some ideas are there - focus will be on the newspapers project for now.
- Fantasy Sports, looks abandoned by Daniel?
Mateusz covered all important topics about modern R package creation including the following points:
- Setting up Github repo for startup package.
- Create R package skeleton
- Include test cases
- Include continous integration
- Include code coverage
Materials are available at http://zozlak.org/Setting_up_a_first_R_project.html.
- If you have any questions, ideas and want to share just drop a message on http://www.meetup.com/ViennaR or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Also just let us know if you need access to a github repo at https://github.com/ViennaR.
- The next R-meetup will take place directly at the Christkindlmarkt Karlsplatz on 22nd December, 7pm. Meeting point will be in front of
See you next time for a punchR!